This was perfect for dessert while camping! I did most of the prep work ahead of time, making it easy to just assemble at the camp site. I did change it up and subbed blueberries instead of the blackberries due to all the blackberries at the market looking rather gross. Using the greek yogurt instead of whipped cream made this more substantial.
Mixed Berry Trifles
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 3 Citrus Shortcake squares, each cut into 8 cubes
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blackberries, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place Citrus Shortcake cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until toasted, turning after 5 minutes. Cool completely on pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon liqueur, and rind.
- 4. Combine strawberries, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon liqueur in a medium bowl. Gently stir in blackberries.
- 5. Place 3 shortcake cubes in each of 4 (8-ounce) glasses or dessert bowls. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon fruit mixture; top fruit mixture with 1 1/2 tablespoons yogurt mixture. Repeat layers, ending with yogurt. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts