You could also top this tangy dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen blueberries
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cherries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries*
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine, cut up
- Garnish: whipped topping
- Unfold 1 piecrust, and press out fold lines; cut pastry into 1-inch strips, and place on a baking sheet. Unfold remaining piecrust; press out fold lines, and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake pastry strips at 425° for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups sugar and next 5 ingredients. Spoon half of berry mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and top evenly with 1-inch baked pastry strips. Spoon remaining berry mixture into baking dish; dot with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Top with 1/2-inch baked pastry strips. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This