Mixed-Berry Angel Cakes with Almond Sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh strawberries (about 1 cup), sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (about 1 cup)
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh raspberries (about 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (1-pound) package angel food cake mix
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Toss together berries in a large bowl. Stir together sugar and extract, and sprinkle over berries, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake, 1 muffin pan at a time, at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool.
- Cut cupcakes in half horizontally; spoon 1 tablespoon berry mixture on bottom halves, and cover with tops. Spoon 1 tablespoon berry mixture on top halves, and dollop with whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mixed-Berry Angel Cakes with Almond Sugar Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake, Marinate
- OCCASION: Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Desserts