Very fresh and light. I used garbanzo beans instead of wax, worked just fine. Will probably make again and keep in my recipes.
Mixed Bean-Cherry Tomato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
A bright assemblage of flavors, textures, and colors, this salad can be made early in the day and refrigerated until ready to serve.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 132mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (2 pints)
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Cook green and wax beans in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Add beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and onion; toss gently. Cover and chill. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mixed Bean-Cherry Tomato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads, Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Diabetic, Low Calorie, Low Carbohydrate, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Marinate
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Cinco de Mayo, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes Like This