Mississippi Sound Baked Stuffed Redfish
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) dressed redfish
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12-ounce) container standard oysters, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of ground thyme
- 4 slices bread, cubed and toasted
- Creole Sauce
- Green pepper rings
- Lemon slices
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water, and pat dry. Place fish in an aluminum foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- Sauté onion, green pepper, garlic, parsley, and celery in shortening in a large skillet until tender. Add shrimp, oysters, bay leaf, and seasonings; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Discard bay leaf. Stir in bread cubes.
- Place stuffing in fish cavity; secure with skewers or wooden picks. Pour Creole Sauce over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with green pepper and lemon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This