Mississippi Praline Macaroons
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
Cool: 21 Minutes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 36 pecan halves
- 1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until frothy; increase speed to high, and gradually add brown sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in toasted chopped pecans.
- 4. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheets. Press 1 pecan half into each cookie, flattening slightly.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 33 minutes or until pecan halves are toasted and cookies are lightly golden. Let cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks; let cool 20 minutes. (Cookies will crisp while cooling.) Store in airtight containers up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mississippi Praline Macaroons Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Cookies