Very good cookie! My man is a choco-holic, so it was a big hit with him. I think I might have put the marshmallows on too quick though. They ended up just melting into the cookie instead of looking all nice and toasted like in the picture.
Mississippi Mud Cookies
Rich chocolate and ooey-gooey marshmallows give these cookies their savory sweetness.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. miniature marshmallows
- 1. Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.
- 4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note