Horrible mess. Nothing like the photo, these were pale Brown and ran together in the pan. Made 3.5 dozen but ended up with 4 large blobs. Sounds easy, looks good in photo, reality says that there are better ones or there.
Mississippi Mud Cookies
Beth Dreiling Hontzas
More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. miniature marshmallows
- 1. Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.
- 4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts