These brownies were very easy to make and very fudgy. I didn't add the marshmallows, pecans, or frosting but instead drizzled the brownies with caramel. Although I'm sure they would be even better with all of the extra goodies!
Mississippi Mud Brownies
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 56 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (4-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour. Spread batter into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Sprinkle warm brownies with toasted pecans and marshmallows.
- 4. Prepare Chocolate Frosting. Pour over pecans and marshmallows; spread to edges. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This