Miss Shirley's Eastern Shore Crab Cakes
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) crab seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- 2 heaping tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 2 heaping teaspoon(s) prepared mustard
- 2 pound(s) jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4 slice(s) white bread, crumbled
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Tasty Tartar Sauce
- 1. In a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, crab seasoning, parsley, mayonnaise and mustard.
- 2. Place the crabmeat in a large bowl and gently fold in the breadcrumbs and the egg mixture so as not to break up the lumps. Shape into 12 slightly flattened balls and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3. To fry the crab cakes: pour oil into skillet to a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. Heat the oil to 370 degrees and fry the crab cakes, a couple at a time, until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spatula to paper towels to drain. (Alternatively, place under a preheated broiler, turning to cook evenly, until nicely browned, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.) Serve with soda crackers and Tasty Tartar Sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note