Texas Sweet & Hot Jalapeños will work on just about everything. If you loose the pecans and replace them with crumbled bacon, this makes an off the charts grilled cheese sandwich. This also makes a great meatloaf stuffing... with the bacon, of course.
Miss Mattie's Southern Pimiento Cheese
Miss Mattie's Southern Pimiento Cheese gets its sweet and spicy taste from sweet-hot pickled jalapeno peppers. The toasted pecans add to its Southern flair.
This recipe goes with "Some Like It Hot" Grilled Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (7-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred sweet-hot pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 tablespoon liquid from sweet-hot pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 4 cups freshly grated mild Cheddar cheese (1 lb.)
- Garnishes: sweet-hot pickled jalapeno pepper slices, toasted chopped pecans
- Bake 1/2 cup chopped pecans at 350° in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 20 minutes. Stir together mayonnaise, diced pimiento, pickled jalapeño pepper slices, liquid from sweet-hot pickled jalapeño pepper slices, and toasted pecans. Stir in Cheddar cheese until well blended. Garnish, if desired.
We tested with The Original Texas Sweet & Hot Jalapeños.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This