Miss Lizzie's Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla butter and nut flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Caramel Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add sugar and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; set aside.
- Combine milk and flavoring; add to butter mixture alternately with flour. Spread into a greased and floured 10" tube pan. Bake at 325° for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely before frosting.
- Caramel Frosting: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all indredients except vanilla. Cook 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Immediately spread over cooled cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This