Oh, this delicious. I served it to a group of people and everyone loved it. The fact that it's done in 20 minutes is just an added bonus. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/WKYWzM
Rich in nutrients and taste, Miso-Vegetable Soup is a good choice for lunch or a light supper.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 532mg
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shiro or golden miso
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup corn, defrosted if frozen
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 packed cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (about 3)
- 4 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1. In a large pot, bring broth to a simmer over medium heat. Remove 1/2 cup to a small bowl and whisk in miso until dissolved.
- 2. Add carrots, mushrooms and corn to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add snow peas, spinach and scallions; cook for 1 minute. Stir in miso mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes, lowering heat if necessary to prevent boiling. Stir in tofu and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note