"Mighty miso" by Michael Hastings. Note: To make dashi from scratch, heat the quart of water with 2 teaspoons bonito flakes and 1 4-inch piece (or 4 teaspoons chopped) kombu, or dried seaweed. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, then strain. This soup can be varied by the addition of 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 tablespoon thinly sliced nori or 1/2 cup soybean or mung-bean sprouts, or 1 finely diced carrot. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January25, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 quart(s) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) instant dashi or to taste (See Note)
- 1/4 cup(s) white, red or brown miso
- 1/2 cup(s) cubed firm tofu
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1. Bring the water to a simmer and stir in the dashi until dissolved.
- 2. Reduce heat and stir in the miso until dissolved. Stir in the tofu and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the scallions. (See Note.) Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note