Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 14 minutes; Stand: 20 minutes.
Health SEPTEMBER 2009
1. Dry tofu between paper towels 20 minutes. Toss tofu and eggplant in separate bowls with 1 1/2 tablespoons miso and 1 teaspoon garlic each.
2. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons peanut oil. Cook the tofu, stirring, 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to plate, and add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover.
3. Add remaining 2 teaspoons peanut oil to wok, and cook eggplant 2 minutes or until golden. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to plate; cover.
4. Add cabbage, 1/4 cup water, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic to wok; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
5. Add 1/4 cup water, soba, and remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice to wok; stir 1 minute or until hot. Remove wok from heat, and toss mixture with sesame oil and scallions. Divide soba and cabbage among 4 bowls. Top with tofu and eggplant.
Go to full version of