This looked really good and savory, but I was very disappointed. The flavors were not balanced at all - way too much lime (to compensate for salt?). I followed the directions for cooking the soba noodles but they turned out gummy. I liked the flavor of the miso and tofu. If I made it again, I would try using whole wheat spaghetti instead of the soba and less lime juice. I ate the leftovers cold and it wasn't as bad. If you got some kind of dressing on it, it might work as a salad.
Miso-Marinated Tofu and Eggplant Over Soba Noodles
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then halved
- 1/2 pound eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic, divided
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 10 ounce napa (Chinese) cabbage, cored and sliced (4 cups)
- 8 ounces hot cooked soba noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- 1. Dry tofu between paper towels 20 minutes. Toss tofu and eggplant in separate bowls with 1 1/2 tablespoons miso and 1 teaspoon garlic each.
- 2. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons peanut oil. Cook the tofu, stirring, 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to plate, and add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover.
- 3. Add remaining 2 teaspoons peanut oil to wok, and cook eggplant 2 minutes or until golden. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to plate; cover.
- 4. Add cabbage, 1/4 cup water, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic to wok; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
- 5. Add 1/4 cup water, soba, and remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice to wok; stir 1 minute or until hot. Remove wok from heat, and toss mixture with sesame oil and scallions. Divide soba and cabbage among 4 bowls. Top with tofu and eggplant.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes