- 2 tablespoons red or white/yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 8 ounces Japanese eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- calories 112
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 4.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 11.4 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 221 mg
- calcium 22 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high heat.
Combine miso and 1 tablespoon water. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Place zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers on a jelly-roll pan. Add 5 tablespoons miso mixture; toss to coat. Brush onion with remaining miso mixture.
Place vegetables on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill zucchini, eggplant, and bell pepper 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill onion 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Sprinkle with mint. Serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.