I was excited about this recipe, but very disappointed. Like the other reveiwer, ours burned and was kind of soggy tasting. Just not a good recipe.
Miso Grilled Cucumbers
These distinctive cukes make a choice side for grilled poultry, beef, and fish. Look for miso in the refrigerated sections of large supermarkets and Asian markets. You'll find mirin in your supermarket's international section.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 54
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.6g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1/4 cup white miso (soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 medium pickling cucumbers (about 2 1/4 pounds), quartered lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cucumbers to bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Remove cucumbers from bowl, reserving marinade. Arrange cucumbers in a single layer on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 2 minutes, brushing cucumbers with reserved marinade. Turn cucumbers over, and grill for 3 minutes or until browned, brushing with reserved marinade.
- 4. Sprinkle cucumbers with sesame seeds and pepper. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note