- 1/4 cup white miso (soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 medium pickling cucumbers (about 2 1/4 pounds), quartered lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 54
- fat 1 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 8.6 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 360 mg
- calcium 35 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cucumbers to bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Remove cucumbers from bowl, reserving marinade. Arrange cucumbers in a single layer on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 2 minutes, brushing cucumbers with reserved marinade. Turn cucumbers over, and grill for 3 minutes or until browned, brushing with reserved marinade.
Sprinkle cucumbers with sesame seeds and pepper. Serve immediately.