- 6 tablespoons white miso*
- 3-in. piece fresh ginger, peeled and very finely grated
- 1/4 cup sake or fino sherry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 kabocha squash (about 1 1/2 lbs.), seeded and cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- calories 131
- caloriesfromfat 50 %
- protein 2.7 g
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 732 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. In a blender or food processor, whirl miso, ginger, sake, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
In a large bowl, toss squash slices with miso mixture to coat thoroughly. Lift slices from sauce and arrange them, overlapping slightly, on a large baking sheet. Reserve sauce.
Bake 15 minutes. Brush slices with remaining sauce (you will have some left over) and cook until tender when thick edges are pierced with a fork, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve hot or warm.
*Find white miso in the refrigerated area of your supermarket's produce section.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.