The first time I made this was the month it was published in Coastal Living. I have made it for years now and every time to rave reviews. It is one of my husbands favorite meals. It is a expensive meal to make, but compared to what you would pay for this dish in a top restaurant for one person well worth it.
Miso-glazed Black Cod in Coconut Broth
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup yellow or white miso (soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 (6-ounce) black cod or sablefish fillets, skinned
- Coconut Broth
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- Combine miso and next 3 ingredients in a large glass baking dish. Add fish, spooning glaze over all sides. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Place fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet, and broil, about 6 to 8 inches from heat, 8 to 10 minutes or until fillets are golden brown and center of fish is opaque.
- Spoon warm Coconut Broth into shallow bowls, and place fillet in center. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note