Planning on skipping the salt next time. Capers are a must, they bring flavors together. Would have liked more sauce.
Miso Chicken Piccata
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 41.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 880mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup broth and miso, stirring well with a whisk until miso dissolves. Stir in 1/2 cup broth. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium; stir in miso mixture and garlic. Return chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; stir in juice, capers, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note