A family favorite, I make this about every other week. I do double the marinade/sauce part of the recipe though, I like a lot of sauce.
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 22 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag. Add vinegar mixture; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag; reserve marinade. Place marinade in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes or until syrupy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; divide mixture in half. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush chicken with half of marinade mixture. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from oven; brush with remaining half of marinade mixture, turning to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This