A family favorite, I make this about every other week. I do double the marinade/sauce part of the recipe though, I like a lot of sauce.
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 22 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag. Add vinegar mixture; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag; reserve marinade. Place marinade in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes or until syrupy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; divide mixture in half. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush chicken with half of marinade mixture. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from oven; brush with remaining half of marinade mixture, turning to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note