- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Several bunches of Asian mustard greens or baby bok choy, about 20 leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
How to Make It
In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste and water.
Trim off the rough bottoms of the mustard greens, separate the leaves, and rinse under running water. Pat dry.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mustard greens and cook about 2 minutes, turning occasionally. Add half the miso water, cover, and let cook until the stems start to soften, about 2 more minutes. If the skillet is getting dry, add more miso water.
Add the rice wine vinegar and maple syrup, and toss. Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.