- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 6 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- calories 118
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 3.1 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 199 mg
- calcium 66 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove mushroom mixture from pan.
Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add half of bok choy, cut sides down, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Remove bok choy from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining bok choy. Return mushroom mixture and bok choy to pan.
Stir in stock, mirin, soy sauce, and ginger; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; partially cover, and cook 10 minutes or until bok choy is crisp-tender. Uncover and remove bok choy from pan. Bring liquid to a boil; cook 6 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Drizzle liquid over bok choy.