Minute Steak With Mushroom Gravy
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cubed sirloin steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Whisk together soup and next 3 ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper evenly over steaks. Stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and flour in a shallow dish. Dredge steaks in flour mixture.
- Fry steaks in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side. Remove steaks, reserving drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms and thyme, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir reserved soup mixture into mushroom mixture in skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil, and return steaks to skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note