Minute Steak With Mushroom Gravy
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cubed sirloin steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Whisk together soup and next 3 ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper evenly over steaks. Stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and flour in a shallow dish. Dredge steaks in flour mixture.
- Fry steaks in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side. Remove steaks, reserving drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms and thyme, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir reserved soup mixture into mushroom mixture in skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil, and return steaks to skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This