Minty Tabbouleh with Preserved Lemon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 165
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 5.1g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 9.4g
- Sodium: 623mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- About 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves (about 2 bunches), divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- About 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 preserved lemons (see Notes)
- 8 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 4 bunches)
- 1. Put bulgur and salt in a large bowl. Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over bulgur, cover bowl, and let sit 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl 1 cup packed mint leaves, the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Pour dressing over bulgur, stir to combine, cover, and chill at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- 3. Meanwhile, remove and discard pulp from preserved lemons. Rinse rind and chop finely. Stir into bulgur mixture. Finely chop parsley and remaining 1 cup packed mint leaves (or pulse them in batches in a food processor). Add to bulgur mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Add more salt or pepper to taste. Tabbouleh keeps, covered and chilled, for up to 2 days.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads