Minty Green Olive-Celery Salsa
Photo: © Kana Okada
The Good News: Chef Tim Cushman's bright, briny salsa, full of vitamin E–rich olives, is more like a crunchy tapenade. It's delicious over white fish like hake.
Yield: Makes eight 1/4-cup servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 cup finely diced celery (3 ribs)
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted green olives (5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Let the oil cool, then discard the garlic. Transfer the oil to a bowl and add the celery, olives, capers and mint. Toss the salsa, season with pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note