Minty Green Olive-Celery Salsa
Photo: © Kana Okada
The Good News: Chef Tim Cushman's bright, briny salsa, full of vitamin E–rich olives, is more like a crunchy tapenade. It's delicious over white fish like hake.
Yield: Makes eight 1/4-cup servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 cup finely diced celery (3 ribs)
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted green olives (5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Let the oil cool, then discard the garlic. Transfer the oil to a bowl and add the celery, olives, capers and mint. Toss the salsa, season with pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads