Minted Watermelon Granita
More From Oxmoor House
Freeze: 8 Hours
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup watermelon juice or water
- 6 cups seeded watermelon cubes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine sugar and watermelon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Place watermelon cubes, lime juice, and peppermint in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add sugar mixture; cover and process until blended. Pour mixture into a 13- x 9-inch pan; cover and freeze at least 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove mixture from freezer, and scrape entire mixture with tines of a fork until fluffy. Toss mint into granita; serve immediately.
The granita may be frozen in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 1 month.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note