Used fresh peas, and the soup had wonderful flavor! Very rich and creamy, almost foamy. I recommend pureeing the mint in with the other ingredients, and adding a bit more, for stronger mint flavor.
Minted Pea Soup
Photo: Karry Hosford
This recipe takes advantage of green peas. Adding sour cream produces a creamy texture and a bit of tang.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 16.4g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in milk; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Place pea mixture in a blender; let stand 5 minutes. Process until smooth. Stir in sour cream and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This