Minted Onion Relish
This is great with grilled chicken or pork. It's also good on a relish tray for hamburgers and hot dogs.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint sprigs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1. Cook first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding mint sprigs. Return vinegar mixture to Dutch oven, and bring to a boil. Add onion rings; bring to a boil, and boil 1 minute. Remove onion mixture from heat, and stir in diced pimiento. Cool 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir 2 Tbsp. chopped mint into onion mixture; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note