I love the combination of mint and citrus. I didn't have marmalade on-hand so I added some orange zest and a bit of honey. I wasn't able to make it in advance, but as the the jicama quickly absorbed the other flavors the salad didn't require melding time, and it had a nice texture as well. I don't buy jicama often but salads like this are an encouragement to experiment with it more. I served it alongside CL Chicken, Mushroom and Gruyere Quesadillas.
Minted Mango and Jicama Salad
Jicama is a crisp, sweet turnip-shaped root vegetable that is perfect raw in salads. Bold flavors like mint, mango, ginger and lime create an incredible dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 59
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 sliced peeled ripe mango
- 1 cup (3 x 1/4-inch) strips peeled jicama
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Combine mango and jicama in a medium bowl. Drizzle juice mixture over mango mixture; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note