Minted Lima Beans
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- Garnish:fresh mint sprig
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan; add beans, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain beans, reserving 1 cup broth in pan, and keep warm.
- Whisk together yogurt and cornstarch; whisk into broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in beans, lemon juice, and remaining ingredients. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables