Very bad. Don't ever try.
Minted Lemon-Lime Watermelon Agua Fresca
Sweet, tangy, and absolutely thirst-quenching, this beverage is one the whole family can enjoy.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 12 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Combine 1 1/4 cups water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in mint, lime rind, and lemon rind. Let stand 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl; discard solids.
- 3. Place one-third each of sugar syrup and watermelon in blender; process until smooth. Pour puree into a large pitcher. Repeat the procedure twice with remaining sugar syrup and watermelon. Stir in lime and lemon juice. Serve over ice, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note