I really like this recipe. I actually make it up and put it in jars for Christmas gifts and everyone raves about it. For a little different taste I like to use the gingerbread flavored coffee mate.
Minted Hot Chocolate Mix
This recipe goes with Minted Hot Chocolate
Yield: Makes 3 cups dry mix (about 16 servings)
More From Southern Living
- 3 (4 1/2-inch) soft peppermint candy sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 3/4 cup powdered nondairy coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1. Place peppermint sticks in a zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag, and crush candy with a mallet.
- 2. Combine crushed candy and remaining ingredients in an airtight container, and store at room temperature up to 1 month.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used King Leo Peppermint Sticks.
- Minted Hot Chocolate: Stir about 2 1/2 to 3 Tbsp. Minted Hot Chocolate Mix into 1 cup hot milk, stirring until dissolved. Top with marshmallows, if desired. Makes 1 serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note