Minted Green Peas With Onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 slices bacon
- 6 cups shelled fresh green peas, cleaned (about 6 pounds unshelled)
- 4 dozen pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; add bacon, and sauté until crisp. Remove bacon, and reserve for other uses.
- Add peas, onions, mint, and boiling water to pan drippings. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until peas are tender. Drain and set aside; keep warm.
- Combine egg yolks, whipping cream, salt, and pepper; stir well. Pour sauce over peas and onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note