- 3 red bell peppers (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 (5.25-ounce) package foccacia or other flatbread
- calories 59
- fat 2 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 100 mg
- calcium 9 mg
How to Make It
Cut pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place pepper halves in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let cool. Peel pepper, and cut into strips.
Combine vinegar, oil, and chutney in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until chutney dissolves. Stir in caper and mint, and toss with pepper strips. Serve chutney alongside foccacia or other flatbread.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 7g.