- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reserved lamb drippings or bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add shallots and garlic, and sauté until tender. Stir in sugar.
- Add apple, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Add vinegar, drippings, and jelly; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately, or chill, if desired; reheat just before serving. Sprinkle with fresh mint, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This