Fettuccine with Mint, Walnut, and Gorgonzola Pesto
There's just enough blue cheese in this minty-bright pesto for an interesting, but not strong, flavor.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 613
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Sodium: 554mg
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves, divided
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1. Cook pasta as package directs in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- 2. Meanwhile, set aside 3/4 cup loosely packed small mint leaves. Put remaining mint and 3/4 tsp. salt, the nuts, garlic, parmesan, pepper, and oil in a food processor. Pulse just until coarsely puréed.
- 3. Transfer pesto to a large bowl and stir in gorgonzola and mascarpone.
- 4. Drain pasta, saving 1 cup pasta water, then transfer to bowl with pesto. Toss to coat well. Quickly toss with reserved mint leaves and add a little pasta water if needed for a looser texture. Serve immediately and season with salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes