- 1 quart boiling water, plus more for heating the teapot
- 1 tablespoon loose green tea, or 3 bags green tea
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups firmly packed mint leaves and tender stems, crushed, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1. Pour a little boiling water into a large teapot, swish it around to heat the pot, and pour the water out. Add the tea to the teapot and pour in 1 cup of the boiling water. Cover and let steep 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the sugar and mint leaves and stems to the teapot. Pour in the remaining 3 cups boiling water. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Stir. Continue to steep for 5 minutes more. Strain the mint tea into cups or heatproof glasses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This