Notes: Chunks of mint candy flavor these buttery holiday cookies. Store them airtight for up to 3 days.
Sunset NOVEMBER 2003
1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chopped candy.
3. Drop dough in 2-teaspoon portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Go to full version of