- 12 ripe nectarines
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 pints pineapple-coconut ice cream
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, toasted flaked coconut
How to Make It
Peel nectarines, and cut each into 8 wedges, discarding pits.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add nectarines; sprinkle brown sugar and lemon juice over nectarines, and gently fold until blended. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes or until nectarines start to release their juice. Remove from heat; stir in mint.
Divide and scoop ice cream into 8 individual serving dishes. Top evenly with warm nectarine sections, and serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Häagen-Dazs Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream.
Mint Peaches With Pineapple-Coconut Ice Cream: Substitute 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen sliced peaches, thawed, for nectarines. Proceed with recipe as directed. Prep: 5 min., Cook: 5 min.