I live in Kentucky and have enjoyed this recipe since I first saw it in Southern Living. I have served it many times and have received outstanding reviews with requests for the recipe!! Can't ask for anything more. Didn't change a thing about it. I really enjoy this around Derby time since I am not a fan of the real mint julep. It is somewhat of a girlie drink, as it is sweeter than drinks most men like.
Mint Julep Martini
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla vodka*
- 1 teaspoon clear crème de menthe
- 6 ice cubes
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprig, orange rind curl
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a martini shaker. Cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Remove lid, and strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract may be substituted.
- Note: This recipe can be easily doubled. Make desired amount of servings, and store in a pitcher. Serve chilled. For testing purposes only, we used Smirnoff Vanilla Twist for vanilla vodka and Grand Marnier for orange liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This