Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
This creamier cousin of sorbet makes a perfect palate cleanser. You can also scoop it into a glass or paper cone and top with a glug of rum or bourbon for a play on a frozen mint julep.
Yield: Makes 2 qt.
- 8 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups simple syrup
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Bourbon or rum (optional)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients, and process, in 2 batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1-gal. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.) Drizzle with bourbon or rum just before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This