Gremolata is traditionally made with minced parsley, lemon, and garlic. Adding mint gives a fresh spring flavor that goes well with lamb.
This recipe goes with Grilled Leg of Lamb with Mint Gremolata
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, washed, drained, and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices sourdough bread (crust removed), cubed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor, and puree 30 seconds to 1 minute or until ingredients are granular, not smooth. (Pulse to avoid over-processing ingredients.) Scrape gremolata into a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note