Notes: Serve hot or at room temperature. If making up to 1 day ahead and serving cool, prepare through step 3; cover and chill. Let come to room temperature, then continue with step 4, mixing with remaining ingredients right in chilling container.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 63
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 4.2mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds asparagus
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 1 1/2 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse asparagus and snap off and discard tough stem ends.
- 3. Add asparagus to boiling water; cover and cook until barely tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain. To serve at room temperature, immerse asparagus at once in ice water until cool; drain.
- 4. Return hot or cool asparagus to unwashed pan. Add mint, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste; mix gently. Pour into a serving dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note