Mint Chocolate Truffles
Yield: 4 dozen
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61.3
- Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 27mg
- 1/3 cup semisweet mint chocolate morsels
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa or sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mint chocolate morsels
- Place 1/3 cup mint chocolate morsels in a glass bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- Add cream cheese to melted morsels; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 package powdered sugar, and beat until well blended. Spread mixture in an 8-inch square pan; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, cover and freeze 3 to 4 hours.
- Roll truffles in cocoa or powdered sugar.
- Place 2 tablespoons chocolate morsels in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over truffles. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: Freeze truffles in a single layer in an airtight container up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts