Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
Yield: 4 dozen (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 11.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 1/3 cup semisweet mint-chocolate morsels
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mint-chocolate morsels
- Place 1/3 cup morsels in a medium glass bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until morsels are almost melted, stirring until smooth. Let cool.
- Add the cheese to melted morsels, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar to cheese mixture; beat until well-blended.
- Press mixture into a 6-inch square on heavy-duty plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Remove top sheet of plastic wrap; cut mixture into 48 squares. Roll each square into a ball, and place on wax paper. Roll half of balls in cocoa; roll remaining balls in 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Place 2 tablespoons morsels in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until morsels are softened. Knead bag until smooth. Snip a tiny hole in corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over balls rolled in cocoa. Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Store truffles in a single layer in an airtight container in freezer for up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mint-Chocolate Truffles Recipe at a Glance