Make these Mint-Chocolate Sandwiches as a treat for the kids or keep them all for youself. Made with rich chocolate and peppermint extract these cookies will become your favorite go-to treat.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 12-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 9-oz. pkgs. chocolate wafer cookies
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips; stir constantly until melted and smooth. Stir in extract. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon one teaspoon chocolate mixture onto a wafer cookie; sandwich with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Melt remaining chocolate in a double boiler, stirring constantly. Let cool slightly. Dip each sandwich into melted chocolate to coat; shake off excess.
- Place sandwiches on a wire rack set over a baking sheet; refrigerate 15 minutes, or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts