This rollled chocolate cake recipe is made with a light and airy thin chocolate cake that's topped with crème de menthe-flavored whipped cream, rolled up and frozen. To serve, slice the frozen cake, dust with cocoa, and serve with a chocolate-mint sauce for an elegant dessert presentation.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 1 Hour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 5 to 6 tablespoons green crème de menthe, divided*
- Chocolate Cake Rolls
- Garnishes: whipped cream, fresh mint sprigs
- Chocolate-Mint Sauce
- 1. Beat whipping cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in 2 to 3 tablespoons crème de menthe; set aside.
- 2. Unroll Chocolate Cake Rolls; brush each cake lightly with 3 tablespoons crème de menthe. Spread each cake evenly with whipped cream mixture. Reroll cakes without towels; place, seam sides down, on baking sheet. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour or up to 3 months.
- 3. Dust each cake evenly with cocoa, and cut into slices. Garnish, if desired, and serve with Chocolate-Mint Sauce.
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract and 5 drops of green food coloring may be substituted. Omit brushing cake rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note