Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream Frosting
Whip up a mint chocolate chip buttercream frosting and you will be an instant hero. This rich frosting alone takes any cake from ordinary to extraordinary.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons peppermint schnapps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 (4-oz.) finely chopped bittersweet chocolate baking bar
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 1 Tbsp. milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition. Beat in finely chopped bittersweet chocolate baking bar.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note